Thursday, July 2, 2009

Oh also I domnated that database

I couple of weeks ago I was having fits with the database. I tried 170000000 different ways to make it work. When it was all said and done and I'd done all theis reprogramming, and calculating, and scheming, it turns out that it wasn't working because of a data entry error. A simple run through the front end of the data showed me that people had input data incorrectly and I couldn't see it from the background information. I should have checked that first, but other people are supposed to check that, but I should have done it as well. Ironically after spending 5 days trying to find a programming solution to the error, 5 minutes looking at the front end of the database netted me both the problem and the solution.

I'm sure I'll look back on this years from now and laugh...or cry...As penance for my stupidity I later went and got beat up at the gym.

No comments: