Friday, August 14, 2009

Quits? No way!

Sometimes I get caught up in the routine of life pretty hard. For the last two months or so I've been in a steady stream of work/gym/work/gym. I realized at some point last week that I hadn't taken a rest day at all since I went back to DC for my friend's wedding (althought I did drive up to LA one afternoon after the gym). The reason I was forced to realize this is that my body had ultimately told me in some not so subtle ways that it was a little worn out.

What I hate though is when I get into a schedule like that and I miss out on other aspects of life. It's frustrating when you don't take advantage of things around you and your life wholely revolves around 1 or 2 things. In my case I forget about things like family, friends, dating, going out, hobbies, etc. Well to be fair I always miss out on dating, but the rest of it holds pretty true. It is so frustrating some times that it makes me re-evaluate where I'm at and what I'm doing. When your mind is focused it can be a wonderful thing, when it's focused too closely on things you definitely run the risk of becoming too insular.

Sadly in terms of hobbies I need less of those, because I already have too much stuff. So I'm getting rid of at least three things! I'm thinking gunnery, party liquor, and masterbation but we'll see about that. Or maybe just the opposite, maybe I need to pick up more hobbies! Maybe I should take up model trains or some kind of death sport. Mmm death sports sound fun.

No comments: