Friday, October 19, 2012

A Deeply Personal Story

So the other morning I woke up, went through my normal routine of doing some pushups and crunches and squat thrusts.  Then I moved to the bathroom and did my various things there including shaving and then got in the shower.  There was nothing special about any of these things for any normal day of the week. After about three minutes in the shower I was startled by the sound of a quarter hitting the tub....

I'm not sure where the quarter came from, I'm not sure what motion dislodged the quarter, I can't imagine having a quarter on/inside my body and not being aware.  What I am concerned about is that it took me multiple minutes of exercise and moving around and finally showering to get the quarter off me.  I'm also slightly concerned about where the quarter came from because I'm like 90% sure I didn't have any money on any of the ledges in my shower.

The night before I'd done laundry in the Laundromat but as far as I'm aware all quarters used stayed in my pocket. As far as I'm aware I haven't consumed any quarters and even if I had the coin was a little too clean for that. I'd like to think my butt was sensitive enough to let me know if it was getting violated by a metal twenty five cent piece. So the question remains, how did the quarter get to wherever it was? What was it doing there when it got there? When did the quarter begin hiding itself on my person? How did it get so deeply lodged that it took me three minutes of showering to get it to fall?

Mystery for the ages I guess.

No comments: