Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Work work and more work

I haven't written much lately, and that could be because I'm lazy. or because I've been at work for the last three weeks almost non-stop. My boss called me into her office the other day and told me that there might be an issue with the 40 hours of OT I worked from Tuesday to today.

I love when work is busy, but I'm so worn out and mentally exhausted it is just a chore to be here. On top of that I had my Vegas trip for my other job cancelled today when they claimed that I needed to be here on Friday for full coverage. Even though I begged them for a day off. Seriously what the hell.

The worst part about work being this busy is that you miss out on working out. When you are in the office from 6am to 10pm or later you kinda miss your window to go workout. You also eat like shit because you are too drained to make your own food and you don't have time to go out and get anything good.

If you're looking for someone to blame for this blame 2 things. The first would be the Federal Budget schedule, which makes me super busy anytime a budget is due. The second thing would be the Obama administration, who put off this budget submit from the end of december till no and now we have an exceptionally condensed schedule. 3 days to do an IT budget? 5 days to do other exhibits? 1 fucking day to do a godamn exhibit that requires every fucking dollar we have to be shown where it's being spent? Everyone here at the office is burnt out, we're all tired, and I can't help think that this is going to be problematic when we jump right into the new budget.

I'm actually typing this as I'm waiting for someone to send me some data...someone who I know for a fact fell asleep on her couch late last night trying to finish it. Unreal.

No comments: