Thursday, April 30, 2009

So Full

So my co-worker and I rolled up to Hodad's which is in the shops area of Ocean Beach within sight of the ocean. We got there at maybe 10 after 11 and were one of the first few people in the door. The wait staff was really on the ball, and the place filled up roughly 10 minutes after we got there. We sat right by the open window at the front of the place so that we could see the street and have a breeze when we ate lunch. There were license plates all over the interior as well as several surfboards hanging all over the place.

We got a basket of Frings, which is fries and onion rings, and were unable to finish the basket (that came with 2 sides of ranch). Our burgers came out and when I lifted up the tiny package of this burger it felt like it weighed 5 lbs. I looked at the burger and was concerned that my jaw might not be big enough at first. This was a single cheeseburger, I can't imagine how large a double would be, quite likely jawbreaking proportions. The burger was very good, I don't know about top 5 in the country, but it was very good. But what was better then the burger was the vegetables on said burger. The two slices of tomato were huge (as large as the hamburger patty) and fresh, I would be very challenged to find tomato that fresh. The onion was equally as large and fresh as the tomato and so the entire burger was like it had 3 patties, just not all meat.

After finishing my burger, which I did very quickly since 1) I was very hungry and 2) I didn't want to make a mess so I ate it fast so as not to make a mess, I was as full as I've ever been. But I didn't have that overwhelmingly disgusting feeling you normally have after eating something so big. I actually felt pretty content because of the freshness of it all and the lack of grease.

The overall experience of the place was well worth it, and we got there just in time before the real lunch rush. I am going to take a nap at my desk now since I'm so full from that delicious burger.

No comments: