Friday, June 12, 2009

My conscience also hurts

On the way out of the gym last night I got into a situation where instead of waiting to exit the gym after talking to some people at the front desk, I darted in front of this woman trying to leave. It bothered me quite a bit because it was rude, and there was no reason for it, I wasn't in a hurry or anything like that. I did it because I thought I was in her way but really I got more in her way by jumping in front of her. She did say, "get out of my way!" in a playful manner and we joked about it very quickly. However, it really made me feel the need to apologize and bothered me to the point of distraction on the drive home. I was seriously so upset at myself that I almost caused an accident or two on the way home.

The next time I see her I'll apologize, and she's at the gym pretty regularly because she teaches yoga and some of the fitness classes. I'm sure she'll probably think I'm weird and most likely won't even remember it, but it bothers me that I acted in a manner I consider rude. Sometimes I stress over the smallest moments for an inordinate amount of time. Cest la vie I guess.

No comments: