Friday, June 12, 2009

My Shoulders Hurt

When I was doing ju-jitsu last night I realized that both my shoulders felt like they had daggers sticking into them. Not too much fun. I know when I hurt the left shoulder, that was on monday when I was wrestling, and then it was reaggrevated on Wednsday when I was doing a cross-fit workout. But I don't remember hurting my right shoulder. Which brings me to my point, I suffer alot of injuries that I don't really remember happening. They aren't really injuries so much as bumps and or bruises, and they don't really slow me down too much, they just tend to be annoying. For example, my shoulders were very much in pain yesterday, but I still did ju-jitsu, I ddi balk at wrestling because they hurt so much but it didn't stop me from training. Sometimes it's funny because I'll come up limping or something similar on every day of the week, and I can't explain it when co-workers ask about it.

When one of your past times (pretty much my only past time as of late) is training to fight by throwing other large men around or hitting other large men, or beating up children (my favorite), it's probably to be expected that there will be soime wear and tear. It just seems like your mind should be more accountable to your body so that you remember how and when you hurt yourself. Practicing chokes is the best, becuase the next morning you wake up and it seems like you have a sore throat from a cold but really it's your neck and throat reacting to the large men who tried to deprive the brain of oxygen and blood the night before....good times.

1 comment:

katie b said...

i know why you don't remember how you hurt yourself. i'll try to explain on Saturday when we run stairs bc its kinds long and involved...but there is a physiological reason for this