Monday, August 13, 2012

In the Middle of the Night

I had a very restful weekend "camping" up in Santa Cruz.  However that didn't even remotely make up for what happened Sunday night.  Let's review:

11:34 PM - The cholically baby that lives upstairs continues his reign of terror on the neighborhood in general. A piercing toddler scream is an excellent way to wake up, especially every night, multiple times a night.  I think that the human brain is programmed to respond to that scream, it's too bad the parents can't respond to the threatening looks I give them for bringing a child into a crowded neighborhood.  No place to raise a baby, not with people like me living downstairs.

12:13 AM - Domestic dispute out on the sidewalk, it's loud and also worrying.  The argument centers are "respect" which is something they aren't doing for all their neighbors.

1:05 AM Baby time again.  Boom.

1:36 AM Someone drives by on a really loud motorcycle, purposefully revving his engine down the entire street.

2:14 AM A fire truck pulls up with lights blazing, no siren but the truck is extremely loud. As far as I can tell there is no fire. The fire truck causes the dog living across the street to go ballistic, this incites a dog barking war that erupts for all dogs within a three block radius.  The loud barking lasts 47 minutes.  I for one suddenly hate dogs.

3:02 AM Just as the dogs stop barking for a minute the baby kicks up screaming.  My attempts to smother myself with a pillow fail.

4:11 AM Someone leaving early starts their car but sets off the car alarm.

5:07 AM I wake up before my alarm just to make the night consistent.

No comments: