Sunday, August 26, 2007

Vacation Day 2

I'm shocked at how much Virgina Beach has changed and yet stayed the same since the last time I lived here. The Jungle themed miniature golf course on the corner of 22nd and Pacific is still there, but there are now different clubs and bars around it. Traffic is much much worse, and the number of surfer beach bums has declined, which is a shame.
Last night I went to one of these new bars to watch the UFC fight. It was nice except for the fact that they charged a $10 cover...and they served Yuengling in a plastic cup and charged me $7 for it...Speaking of which it was a tremendous night for fights, especially since I was trying to introduce someone to the sport. I must admit, I'm in love with Roger Huerta. Not only is he one of the best looking dudes around, but he's charming and a very good sport...also flexible. Randy Couture at 44 years of age is what I fail to even accomplish now. He's in unbelievable shape, he makes going bald look good, and he's beating up on dudes 30 pounds larger then him. Remarkable. When I'm that age I'll likely be rotting in the ground, Randy is fighting as a professional athlete.
Right now I am attempting to make shrimp stir fry. I've decided to temper my restless nature by eating well and exercising a bunch. Also we found out that my suntan lotion is not as water proof as I thought. Based on the color of my shoulders and Forrest's back...mmm lobster red.

No comments: