Friday, May 22, 2009

Dell you're pissing me off

So my laptop's video card died on sunday. Which is a shame because apparently once those go they are very hard to replace. Most of the video cards on laptops (specifically dell) are built into the mother board and therefore if they don't work (like mine doesn't) you are effectively boned. I really like my laptop and if it can't be repaired, which appears to be the case, then I need a new computer. So I decided to buy a new desktop, which would be easy except for a few things.

1) The really awesome computer I want to buy which will run me about $2500 doesn't come with a wireless card pre-installed...Which is fucking bullshit since running a wire upstairs is not a possibility. But I can buy a less nice and less expensive but less cool computer for $1800 with a wireless card installed...what the shit. If I'm buying the top of the line computer I want I shouldn't have to break open the case to install a wireless router right off the go.

2) Dell's website freezes up randomly, so going through the whole building process can be wasted randomly and you have to start over. Dell wants my money because they hard wired the melty video cards into the mother board, but they don't want my money because they refuse to allow me to buy a computer.

3) Upgrade options are inconsistant and damned frustrating when it comes to comparing them.

I'm so pissed but I need a computer and I like Dell's, I just don't like all the fucked up hoops I have to go through to get a new computer and I really don't like having to replace my laptop because I loved that computer and wanted to be with it forever even though it's 4 years old.

No comments: