Monday, May 11, 2009

Watching Movies

It's a hot time of the year for movies, and I've gone to see two movies that opened in the last two weekends for the first time maybe ever. I've limited my movie-going experience to once or twice a year in the last 4 or 5 years, so the idea of actually attending two movies on consecutive opening weekends is alien (haha). I saw Wolverine and Star Trek and enjoyed both immensely, although my wallet wasn't as thrilled. In addition to actually seeing these movies I actually did something I rarely have done in the past, tracked and looked forward to the release of both movies. I did this for the Watchmen earlier but prior to that almost never. I waited for the release of Wolverine because I knew that if I didn't see it right away then I wouldn't see it in theatres, because Star Trek would come out. I knew that if I procrastinated on Star Trek then I would miss Terminator when it comes out. It was a slippery slope and thusfar I've stayed on top of things.

The movie schedule was so strange this year, at least 6 movies that I want to see, starting earlier with Watchmen, and then Wolverine, Star Trek, Terminator, then G.I. Joe and finally Transformers 2. I also kinda want to see 'The Hangover' but I probably won't. I will likely miss at least two out of these other 3 movies as well, probably Transformers and G.I. Joe. So unlike me to plan to see movies though. I wonder if this is all the excitement I have in old age, is planning what I'm going to see this weekend.

No comments: