Monday, March 31, 2008

Geography

http://thinkzone.wlonk.com/./MathFun/Triangle.htm

Neat huh? I haven't been able to figure out the solution yet. I very much doubt I will be able to reason it out. But it's problems like this that make me smile. Apparently the answer the question posed in the geometry puzzle in the link (find x) can be found using very simple means. I just have yet to figure it out.

I had a conversation on saturday night about high school and the subjects I studied, and most of us agreed that we wouldn't be able to solve any trigonometry. I figured I would probably be able to do algebra since I use it fairly frequently in my job, but I almost never ever use geometry. And lo and behold I found this problem online, and I'm hoping that working on it will make my day better. See my day sucks today for a bunch of different reasons, but I think that doing some numbers puzzle will help, sudoku used to help when I did that. So hopefully I'll be able to figure out this mess. I guess we'll see! I'm almost always wrong about the solution I find, I almost always overlook some key point that I worked on without. But in the trying is where my mood will improve, because it is fun to deal with something like this that I don't do on a daily basis. Putting my mind to that task is so much better then worrying about the problems in my life. Also it is things like this problem that give me a new found respect for my parents, who valiantly struggled to ever help me do my homework. Most of the time they could never help, now I understand why, it's because they hadn't looked at a geometry problem in 20 years.

No comments: