Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Perhaps some San Diego is in order?

"I'll miss the sea, but a person needs new experiences. They jar something deep inside, allowing him to grow. Without change something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken." - Duke Leto Atreides in the movie Dune (1984)

So, it looks like I'll be moving to San Diego some time in the end of March. To clarify, I'm moving from a city in which I have plenty of friends, a good job, a gym and racquetball partners I enjoy, and my family, to a city in which I know basically nobody. I'm so excited! It's going to be a great learning experience and I can't wait to see how I handle everything. I've lived in the DC area for what seems like forever, even though it's only been a hair under three years. I've enjoyed this city tremendously but I knew about a year ago I was ready to move on. So I set about the task of finding out where I wanted to go. I picked out a couple places that seemed like fun and narrowed the choices from there. So now I get to go on a cross country adventure!

I have done almost 0 planning for this move and I still need to find out exactly when it's happening. But once I find out the when, I need to figure out the following:
1) Where am I goin got live?
2) How am I moving across the country? (I kinda think that a wagon with oxen ala Oregon trail would be kinda fun)
3) What am I going to take with me? (Oh god I can't leave be hind my Shrek 2 collectible china! Those are virtually irreplacable!)
4) Who am I going to get to help me move? (Please be there for me on this one profesional football player Brett Farve)
5) Why am I wearing this hideous tie?
6) Hey isn't that the guy from Lost on that commercial? I never watch that show but I think it's him?

I think the move will be good for me. There's no reason why I should stay in DC, and frankly nothing here has me really tied down at all. I'm fairly young and vigorous so catching typhoid shouldn't be an issue when I cross the country.

No comments: