Friday, April 11, 2008

Why the fiction

I haven't written much lately that I thought was really good. Maybe it's time for me to get the old yeller treatment. You can tell my family and friends that I went to a farm to go play with other 25 year olds after you shoot me! I have lots of ideas on the shelf, or partly written. Also spring is here finally so it will be tough to justify staying inside and writing instead of going outdoors. But I'm dedicated enough to do it.

I got a disturbing text message from my sister last night at 1 in the morning. Thanks Elizabeth, I appreciate that you are out drinking on a thursday night and you felt the need to contact me. I appreciate it, really, I mean that. It honestly doesn't bother me when I get drunk dialed by my siblings, sometimes they have important things they need to speak about and only a liberal amount of libations can fuel their outpouring of feelings. But what disturbs me more was the message that she passed on. She said that, and I quote, "Cm says hi. Just met her at macgrady's sorry if this wales you up" And then, "I don't know. abangeing to her you had sex with her she said"

What the hell? First of all I don't know who she's talking about, so that is lame. I've never called anyone Cm in my life, so I'm clueless there. Second, and far more important, I would know if I had sex with this person, I didn't, because I know everyone I've had sex with and none of them would tell my little sister that they did it with me in the bathroom of a college bar when they were back visiting Lehigh. But even more perturbing is why someone would admit that (lying) to my little sister at a bar anyway? I mean jesus christ, how does that even come up? In the restroom no less.

Lastly, and this is probably the most important part, why would someone lie about sleeping with me? It's a pretty exclusive club to be sure but I'm not exactly the kind of catch that one would brag about so what the hell? It has me kinda pissed off, and it is very definitely a case of mistaken identity but still I have no idea who heard her say this, I have no idea what the impact might be. Maybe none, most likely none, but who knows. It's the kind of shit that should either A) never be spoken or B) kept in confidentiality and never said in a public place. I think I'm probably overreacting here, but I'd say the lack of sleep has something to do with it. Basically I wish I had an ice cream cone...or a milkshake, and a nap, and a beautiful woman by my side. Although perhaps not all at once, because if I took a nap with a beautiful woman while I had a milkshake it would probably spill on one or both of us. That might ruin the nap. Mmmmmm nap.

No comments: