Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Done with christmas shopping, I think

So I like to think I do a pretty good job Christmas shopping most of the time. And this year I just decided to take an afternoon off and get it all done, which I did, hopefully. Shopping for Christmas presents is one of the most agonizing part of the year, I usually spend so much time and effort thinking about what to get people and then praying that they enjoy it. So here's hoping all the planning and looking and then actual shopping I did paid off. At least I got it done a week ahead of time!

Getting ready for the Holidays and into the spirit is tough in Southern California, the weather is usually so nice and perfect (although it has rained the last 3 days) it's hard to see Christmas decorations when you are outside riding your bike and go, "Man it feels like Christmas". Part of what I associate with Christmas is the cold weather and the feel of everything, snow included. Out here it feels like summer or spring pretty much every day, so instead of putting on a warm coat and going by the department stores to look at decorations while braving the cold and maybe getting some hot chocolate or egg nog. You put on some running shoes and on your way to the gym you stop to get a smoothie or a frappachino while you are wearing shorts and a t-shirt. That's when you notice the Christmas display in the "lifestyle shop" right next to the bongs. Then you can do a Christmas walk on the boardwalk and watch people surf. Surfing is very Christmasy, I might even go get a Christmas tatoo after yoga one day this week.

No comments: