Monday, December 15, 2008

Opposite rain!

Today it is raining outside! It is odd because it almost never rains here, and when it does it usually does it at night so you can't really see it. But today it has been raining all day! I'm cooped up in the office but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate the rain. At lunch I took a long walk in the rain and just loved the feel of it hitting my face. It's odd I know but I love rain and it brings back lots of fantastic memories, one of the reservations I had about moving out here was that it doesn't rain much so a day like today is amazing. People out here have no idea how to drive in the rain, it's even worse then when it snowed in DC. And that is saying a lot. But I love it all the same.

The last two days have been like opposite days for me. It's raining today, which is opposite. Yesterday I went to the driving range and I could hit my 7, 3, and 8 irons, and couldn't touch my 4, 6, and 9 irons. I also couldn't hit my driver (which is normal) but for whatever reason I went out and crushed my 5 wood without teeing it up. Which is a minor miracle for whomever has watched me hit my 5 wood. At night I parellell parked my gigantic car in a small space! Which is also uncommon since I always have trouble with its size. I felt really good about myself after that, it was perfect, I should have taken a photo!

Yesterday was also the first time in years I set foot in a gym to wrestle. My friend and I rolled around for about an hour, and I'd forgotten how much fun it is! I was sure I'd never wrestle again, not with the knee and ankle problems anyway. But today I find myself sore but ok except for the brutal mat burn on my knee. Defintely wearing kneepads next time. But all in all the last two days has been so much opposite of what I normally do! Maybe I should go play the lottery! Well going to wrestle was basically playing the lottery, but I will be going again soon!

No comments: