Monday, December 15, 2008

I'm ruined! All ruined!

Ruined I tell you! I had it all planned out, which is a rarerity for me when it comes to this stuff. All of my leave was planned to the end of the year so that I didn't lose any of it down to the minute (well actually I was going to lose 15 minutes). You see, the way government time off works I can only carry over 6 weeks of time off into the new year. 7 of my remaining 37.15 hours were used this last week when my mother was visiting last week (which was fun by the way). Twenty-seven (27) of the remaining hours were going to be spent on the couple days I'm going back to DC for the holidays, 9 hours on the 24th to fly, the 26th I had off because it's my alternate Friday, and another 18 on Monday and Tuesday of the week after. Then I had 3.15 hours and I was going to take the Friday afternoon of january 2nd off to dick around. But now the president signed out this: http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2008/12/20081212-2.html

What that essentially means is that now I get wed. off because I would have had Friday off as well and thus have an extra 9 hours I need to use between now and the 3rd of January. And I know it's silly for me to complain about this situation but I was so proud of myself for actually planning out how I was going to use my time. I rarely do plan out vacations ahead of time, usually it is very last minute. But I've actually had the end of my year planned for 4 months! Which in Marty years is like an eternity. So now I'm stuck with having to beg my boss to let me take another day off. JEEZ WHY IS LIFE SO TOUGH ALL THE TIME! Also I'd really like one of my plans to go the way I want to, just once.

No comments: