Wednesday, December 31, 2008

No Adults

Today is one of those very rare days in the office where there are absolutely no supervisors in at any level. So basically it means I get to be productive and proactive and have as much fun as I want. Awesome. I always work with a large degree of autonomy but it feels even better to not have anyone around to come and give me additional tasks. The freedom is gratifying. Don't get me wrong I enjoy a sense of direction as much as the next worker, but I like to think that I'm a pretty creative guy and that I can get the job done without adult supervision. I think many of my co-workers feel the same based on the fact that everyone seems busy today and they all seem to be in such high spirits. Although maybe that's the holiday spirit.

Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to work for myself, could I get by with absolutely as little direction as possible? Who knows maybe I'll get there someday. In the meantime I'll settle for this feeling of childish delight that I have the whole work day to do whatever I need to do! It's almost a guilty pleasure really, I feel as though I should be hiding my delight at the lack of adult supervision. Not sure exactly why that is since I'm still doing lots of work and being very busy. Hahaha you fools, look what happens when you leave me to my own devices, I do lots of necessary work and fix a bunch of problems! Yes, that'll show them to never leave me alone again! Take that.

No comments: