Thursday, December 4, 2008

What I got scolded for today

Today is "yearly cleanup day" at my office. Meaning that we're throwing out all the old papers and binders and garbage that clog up your typical office. We were told in advance to wear jeans and casual clothes for all the cleaning that we would be doing. I of course forgot and am wearing a suit and shirt with no tie (because I'm lazy). So I've been repeatedly scolded for being too dressed up for cleanup day :( I think the problem was I was too distracted by my entire body being sore from yesterday. Abs class is the most painful thing ever to happen in the history of the world, I'm sure that by comparison, childbirth is a cakewalk. But apparently dressing up nice for cleanup day is a way to receive scorn from multiple co-workers. Sigh

The other way to receive scorn is to apparently do work while cleaning day is happening. I usually have a few things to do in the morning that are like daily reports, I do them every morning pretty much first thing and I get in trouble if I don't do them. But today I was asked, "Marty, are you working while everyone else is cleaning!" Seriously, c'mon. I've worked here 5 months, I don't hold much paper around my desk, it's not that hard of a cleanup for me. I will help anywhere else that needs help but I do have some work to do first. Obviously I don't get the point of cleanup day, or at least I'm a rebel without a cause when it comes to this day amongst days. Sorry that I have some actual work I need to take care of in the first 2 hours of the day that will prevent me from doing any of the cleaning I have to not do since I already did it and I obviously don't have the next 8 hours to help.

Here's a picture of two lobsters knife-fighting to prove my point:

No comments: