Friday, February 6, 2009

Should I fight?

I promised myself when I started training MMA that I wouldn't actually fight. But everyone at my gym keeps pushing me to train to fight and actually do it. I'm not sure exactly why but they think I have the skills to do well. I'm not as confident, and I keep reiterating that I'm just training for fun. But I admit the prospect isn't unappealing to me, it seems like it would be fun. First I need to get my nose cauterized, then we'll talk. I promised myself I wouldn't, but who knows, I don't have much esle going on at the moment. So we'll see.

2 comments:

Lis said...

Dooooooooooooo it!

NJ Golf Addict said...

Marty I must say that I am very against this. An activity like this should only be pursued if a person is fully confident. If down the road in your training you feel like you can win and want to pursue it then fine but just remember this, you have a horrible knee and ankle already and that is from beach volleyball and racquet ball. Think what will happen when you have to fight out of submissions. Just be careful.