Tuesday, February 10, 2009

When you spell my name wrong, it makes me want to stab you

I understand that my real first name is Martin, and I guess if I wanted to look super stupid I would spell my name Marti instead of the more masculine Marty. But given the fact that you've spoken to me 1000000 times on the phone, exchanged 100's of e-mails where I signed it as Marty, and yet you still write back e-mails calling me Marti, sometimes you even copy other people which makes them write e-mails to me saying Marti, until I respond to them with the correct spelling and then they get it right.

You however seem to be unable to grasp how I would prefer to have my name spelled. You are apparently unable to spell my name like my e-mail says in the global address book. What all this tells me is that you are also apparently unable to live any longer in this world. Just think about how you say the words Marti and Marty. One comes with a giggle or a lisp and some kind of colorful shirts or mini umbrellas in it's drink. The other one is just a normal name and harkens back to such greats as when there was a movie with Ernest Borgnine, or a professional hockey player, or the lead guitar player of Megadeth, or at the very least the greatest character in time travel history (McFly!!!!!!!!!!! Also argueably the greatest Marty, definitely the most well known). I know there is nothing I can do to get you to stop other then being passive aggressive, but I'm very passive aggressive about it!

3 comments:

Lis said...

Sounds like you are going to have to start fighting!

I knew this woman named Deborah who hated to be called Debbie. This guy in her work would always call her Debbie, so one day (maybe during a meeting) right after he'd called her Debbie for the hundredth time she turned to him and said:

"Mark, if you call me Debbie one more time, I'm going to step on your head."

Gina Grosso said...

I love that movie with Ernest Borgnine! Such a classic and an academy award winner too!

NJ Golf Addict said...

Marti, I mean Marty, that sucks buddy. I must admit the thought of spelling your name that way has never crossed my mind. Ever. I might have you beat though. My work email automatically populates my name into the bottom of every email and it clearly reads, Forrest Doane. Despite this people continue to respond by calling me just Doane. Not Mr. Doane and these people are definitely not friendly enough to call me by my last name and didn't play sports with me, the only acceptable place to do this. So either they are all retarded or they think that no one would actually be named Forrest so my name must be Doane.

Anyway, when that happens I want to hit people.