Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Damn Hippies

So normally on a Tuesday I get off work, walk to the gym, and play racquetball until I can't move and then workout go home, workout some more, shower, eat and then cry for the rest of the night. But today I was supposed to have an interview in the afternoon. So I didn't pack my racquet and I don't have any gym clothes because I figured that I wouldn't have any time for the gym after my interview. I'm wearing a nice interview suit, and I was going to get to miss the staff meeting this afternoon. However, I called the guy I was going to talk to this afternoon and he told me, "Oh shoot, I thought it was on Wed. Can you do tomorrow?" I obliged but I'm a little sore about it.

I wanted to play racquetball and work out today, but I don't have my damn stuff. In addition, I don't like hanging up my suit and having to wear it home after the gym (go figure nice suits don't like being sweat on). Normally all of this could be rectified if I just went home, got changed and drove to the gym. But wait! My car is out of operation because of the railing I hit on Friday (more on that later). So in order to make this all work, I would have to take the metro home, get changed, take the metro to the gym, work out, then go home on the metro again, albeit a bit more sweaty this time. And I would probably miss most of the racquetball time because of the scheduleling. UGH!

This may sound odd but I really get upset when I miss a workout for dumb reasons, in this case a scheduling error. I can kind of duplicate my racquetball workout by riding my bike, and I can do most of the other gym exercises with stuff I have at home. But it won't be the same, it's like substituting side orders at a restaurant, sure you can substitute fries for coleslaw, but it's not the same thing. Sure you can substitute jerking off for making love, but it's not the same thing. On top of all of this, I now have to compromise my workout for Wed. as well...I am so not happy about this! Also, I wish I got to skip the staff meeting...and now I have to go :(

Edit- Oh yeah and apparently when I was squeezing by some workmen this morning the metal replacement part tore a small hole in my new suit pants...

No comments: