Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Gnar Gnar...

This insidious little piece of slang was passed into my consciousness recently and I must say, I hate it. "Gnar gnar" is apparently a different way of saying gnarly, yes that's right, gnarly. As in, "Whoa that was totally tubular the way you boffed that gnarly wave!" Well now apparently the slang for gnarly would for some reason sound dumber to say, and actually be longer to write. It's like adding baby talk into your adjectives for no reason. "Did you see the goo goo gaa gaa way they dressed up that pig? It was really gnar gnar."



It sounds dumb, it looks even sillier when you actually write it down, and the odds of someone taking you seriously when you use it are astronomically gnar gnar. I hope that this phrase doesn't catch hold in the circles I run in or I might have to surf elsewhere (wait what? I don't surf at all...or run in circles).

Speaking of which, these pants I'm wearing today are absolutely the definition of gnar gnar. They are tailored differently then any pair of trousers I've ever owned. They accentuate my hips and butt in a way you don't see in most men's slacks, and depending on your opinion of my hips and butt that could be a good or gnar gnar thing. The really disconcerting thing is that there is no left back pocket on these pants. That may seem minor but I don't think I've ever seen a pair of dress pants that didn't have two pockets in the back. It feels weird but sexy and mysterious. "Hey bud, want to know a secret? I don't have a back pocket on these things!" It's like the secret nobody wants to know or doesn't care about. Also, because I think about my pants like this, and how I should workout to make my legs look better in pants, it justifies my argument as to how I'm not metrosexual which some other people seem to imply. So there, now I'm off to go file my nails in the gnar gnar style that is the custom of this time.

1 comment:

MonkeyMom said...

Oh, go put on your leopard spotted robe and give yourself a facial mask already... :P