Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Mutiny!

With the supplies of fresh water and food running low, there were murmurings from the crew concerning management of ship. Sensing that my time as Captain was nearing an end, I tried a last ditch ploy to win the crew over. Unfortunately my suggestion of mini-golf didn't go over as well as I had thought, and my attempt to prove my superiority in all things by defeating the crew in a round of putt putt failed. Apparently just because you are good at mini-golf doesn't mean that you are good at running a ship. Thus I was forced to return to Northern Virginia, away from the place I called home for a week. Tis a much harsher world here, and instead of lounging on the beach, I am forced to do laundry and clean my house. Instead of dining on the finest of seafood I am relegated to hot dogs, and whatever else we stuck in the deep fryer...At the end of it all I feel no more refreshed then I did before I went on vacation. I blame it solely on someones inability to put away their blackberry. And on my own inability to clear my mind of all the evils of government budgeting and financial management.

The worst part is that since it is now past labor day, my summer of going to work without a tie on has ended. Now it is necessary to feel as though a weak midget is strangling me all day long. Not because he wants me to die, but because he wants me to feel uncomfortable. Damn you midget, and your assorted colors both matching and unmatching of my shirts...Because even though I own 20 ties or so, it always only feels like it's appropriate to wear 5 of them. Guess it's time to work in the old Spongebob Squarepants tie, in an attempt to add color and humor back into a world that is oftentimes devoid of it.

No comments: