Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Oh Maryland,

SORRY IT HAS TAKEN ME SO GODDAMN LONG OT WRITE THESE, I WAS BUSY AND CERTAINLY NOT WITH WORK.

Not much to say about Maryland really, I can tell you that I had the hangover from hell after not drinking very much at all the night before. It was really really strange but I persevered and managed to let my father drive through most of Maryland, which included quite a bit of DC memorial day weekend traffic. What surprised me was the amount of traffic that occurred outside of the DC area however. Once it hit about 11am though we decided it would be necessary to stop for an early lunch and switch drivers (which we did about every 2 hours for the whole trip).

We stopped at a Roy Rodgers so that I could enjoy the blissful taste of the gold rush chicken sandwich (the finest of chicken sandwiches available in this nation). After lunch we decided to find some backwater sports store to buy a real bike rack since at the time of our launch the bike was secured to the roof with a blanket and some questionable quality string. So we navigated though some beat up looking part of Maryland and found a sports store who had bike racks and we proceeded to strap that bitch to the back of the van. Mind you my optimism regarding the bike's survival was quite low. So my expectation was that the bike would bike the dust on the highway and get run over by a semi, rendering it useless. But at least with the bike rack we could see the tire out the side view mirror and we would know when the bike inevitably crashed to its doom.

The western part of Maryland went by quickly and before I knew it we entered....

No comments: