Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Not gonna have a good time

It's one of those frustrating days today, one of those days where it has just been shit thusfar. I've got plenty to do, no question there, piles and piles and piles of work to be done. But every ounce of it is taking longer then I thought, I can't tell whether I'm just dragging or if I just didn't budget my time correctly. Either way going through all these assignments I have is like wading through a molasses swimming pool but not nearly as sugary. In a way it's nice because it makes the day go by faster but it's also frustrating since it means I'll have to work late again. Ugh.

The second reason my day has continued to go downhill is that I rode my bike in. Which is great and despite it being pretty cold this morning it was lots of fun and good for me. But it now creates complications. I have basically worked through lunch most of the last two weeks, which isn't bad but it gets boring. It makes you feel like you haven't left your desk in ages and today I wanted to actually go out to lunch (despite my lack of time to do so) since I hadn't left my desk in 48 hours. But since I rode my bike I would have to rely on others to go out to lunch, and that's where the being so busy came into play. I was too busy to notice the time and that everyone has stepped out for lunch. Ok so that's no big deal I can just get lunch at the deli on base and eat at my desk like normal. Except for the fact that I have no cash, and they don't take credit cards, and the atm across the street is out of order. So now instead of eating lunch alone at my desk I'm writing this blog post at my desk alone with nothing to eat. Pretty goddamn pathetic and I've got nobody to blame but myself.

On top of all of this having a bad day just gets my mind spinning. What do I have to go home to after this long day? I'll go to the gym, I'll clean my room, I'll sit in bed for hours until I fall asleep at 3 AM, get my 2 hours of sleep, and back to work tomorrow. I guess that shouldn't really get me down, it's been quite some time since I've had anything to look forward to about my everyday life. And to be frank I should probably expect things to remain the same, but it's somewhat depressing to think about that. I like responsibility and all those types of things I just have a very little going on in my life to be responsible for. Anyhow that's all the time I have to moan and groan and be self serving, I need to get back to work. No punchline today, just bad feelings for my bad mood.

Oh also a guy in my office dropped nearly dead in a meeting with a bunch of people this morning. He's in the hospital now and the question is how much brain damage he sustained. So there's that which is a big scary as well.

No comments: