Monday, November 30, 2009

It's good again!

I haven't watched a new Simpsons episode in probably 7 years or so. They had gotten so dry and boring. But my roomate was watching them last night when I walked in the living room. I'd heard that the show had improved and was actually funny to watch again so I went ahead and sat down for a minute or two and watched. It was fantastic, funny and engaging, like an old episode! I was actually laughing out loud at the jokes, which probably hasn't happened in the last decade. People are probably too preoccupied with how the show has fallen on hard times but I implore people to go see this reawakening.

It is amazing that writer's managed to take something so long running and stale and make it new and funny again. Maybe someday I'll recapture that magic with my writing? Unlikely but possible according to the Simpsons!

No comments: