Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving is a little different out here

So yesterday was Thanksgiving and I did it San Diego style, which is a tad different. First of all I went jogging outside in the morning in shorts and a t-shirt. Then I made pretzels for myself, my roomate, and my next door neighbors to eat all day while we prepared Thanksgiving dinner.

After making pretzels and sometime in the second half of the terrible game between Green Bay and the Lions I went out and tried to surf but failed. What I really ended up doing was sitting in the sun, warming myself like an aquatic lizard aboard a floating rock. The waves were pretty brutal and lot os other people were surfing but I didn't do so well.

Then I got home and we put the turkey in the oven, and sat outside in a t-shirt and jeans. It was a little warm but I got through it. Then at 4 we ate and everythign was really good thanks to my next door neighbor's amazing cooking ability.

Afterwards we sat and drank and watched football. So I guess it's not that different.

No comments: