Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Just Dance

I love dancing, I didn't always, but I do now, deal with it. I'm not a terribly good dancer but I try very hard and I have no shame (shocker) so it all works out. I like dancing because many times it's somewhat mindless, and you don't have to worry about work, or stress, or anything like that. Infrequently you will have a night like I had Sunday night. Just a great night of dancing with girls and one very attractive woman. It's just a real rush to have people come up and dance with you, and it was bundles of fun.

I left early so there wasn't any drama and I didn't see any drunken hijinks or antics. I did what I came to do and went home smiling because of several fun surprises. The problem is, just like most things in life, when you have fun doing something you want to do it again as soon as possible. The problem with going out and dancing is that it rarely goes down that way. More often then not drama or drunkeness or stupidity gets in the way and ruins your fun. I'm not sure I've ever had two episodes of going out and dancing be super successful and fun.

So now I've got this feeling of dread and excitement for this weekend. The dread part is terrible because I should never go into an event dreading the outcome. That's defeatist and bullshit, but it's also a pattern I've noticed in the almost 27 years of being me. This weekend I'll be going out twice guarenteed, which is a ton for me. At most I usually make it out once every third week. So I'm excited for all the fun I had last time I went dancing, and I really do hope to have fun, but the odds aren't on my side.

Oh and also, if you are engaged to a guy, and you come up to a guy in a club and basically rape/dance with me, that's messed up. You shouldn't be dancing that naughty with some random dude in the club and then slip your ring on later. That's broke and I feel bad for your husband to be. Also the way you dance was scandelous but goddamn hot.

1 comment:

katie b said...

you'll be fine, just keep your wits about you and steer clear of the crazies :) have fun and be safe!