Thursday, November 29, 2007

Compliments? No thank you...

Couple things instead of a long post which I will do when I get home.

1) My yogurt exploded all over my work clothes on the way to work. How awesome is that? I mean not only did I miss out on my breakfast but I also forgot to put it in a bag so it was free to explode in my backpack on the bikeride in! Oh man I was so pumped when I saw that my work clothes were covered with my breakfast! "Fuck yes! I get to wear yogurt soaked clothes all day this is fucking fantastic! The only way my day could start off better is if I ran head first into a filing cabinet!" So I did that and now I have a bump and yogurt stained clothes, and I look pretty terrible which is no change from how I normally look except for the bump on my head.

2) Someone in another department sent me an e-mail this morning asking me to do something so that they could finish a task. I got the e-mail and did my part of what they needed in 2 minutes, and sent them an e-mail that told them it was done and asked to please let me know if they needed anything else. They sent me back an e-mail that said, "YOU ROCK". I looked at it for a second and then started drafting an e-mail to explain to them that I did not in fact rock and that perhaps they had a slightly jaded opinion since I'd helped them out so fast and maybe they needed to contact me more often to see my lack of rockinness (rockin' ness? rockiness? ROCKINNESS? rockability? rockitude...). The e-mail was about a paragraph long when I decided to just let it go and accept the compliment at face value without questioning the criteria by which my status had been established. Because frankly I rock about as much as a dead childhood pet at the moment (oh my god, he goes to work, goes to the gym, then goes home and reads or whatever...he's a rock star!). I think I should just be willing to accept compliments more readily, and also I should get some face paint and some drugs...and maybe learn to play an instrument...maybe a neon green wig.

No comments: