Thursday, December 20, 2007

The all time record

I was going to write a long post today but instead I've been hamstrung by a telephone. I swear if I get just a couple more phone calls, then I will have spent more % of my day on the phone then ever before. I seriously have never received this many calls at work. At least 5 times today I have gotten a call while taking another call. I wonder what the most time someone has spent on the phone is in a day? Some telemarketer racking up 23.5 hours? Some newlywed couple separated for a day? Who knows, it's probably some poor IT person stuck to a phone working a double shift at the Adobe helpdesk.

Also, I'm getting worse. At everything. I've finally realized that I'm getting worse at my job. I didn't think that was possible but sure enough, I'm becoming bad at what I do. Which is a shame because of all the things I'm getting worse at the one thing that I could always hang my hat on was being good at my job. So in addition to getting worse at among other things: sports, flirting, social grace, cumulative knowledge, and movie trivia. I am also getting worse at my job. Soon I'll be a puddle of sludge, unable to have any redeeming qualities. I'll look like the brother from Weird Science (Bill Paxton) after he gets turned into a pile of mutant garbage. Side note, apparently Bill Paxton is the only man to be killed by a Predator, Alien, and Terminator. i kinda wish I had that on my resume...although my resume will shortly be pretty simple, "2008-Current, Human Sludge". Nice, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

No comments: