Monday, December 10, 2007

Laziness taken to an extreme level

I'm wearing a suit today, which isn't so weird because I wear suits pretty often. But normally when I wear a suit it is because of something special going on at work, a meeting or something. Today however I'm wearing a suit because I was too lazy to pick out a pair of dress pants and shirt and match them with a tie. I was getting dressed and my mind wondered what the heck I was going to wear and I decided to wear a suit because it requires absolutely no independent thought other then picking out a tie (I'm wearing a solid black tie today). "Huh, I wonder which pants I should wear today...aww fuck it I'm just going to throw on this suit, I'm to lazy to play a matching game." You have to be pretty lazy to actually end up getting more dressed up then you would normally to avoid work. It's like if you were too slothful to go out and get something to eat so you ended up cooking an elaborate 3 course meal. It is difficult to come up with other similes for this but I think you get the point.

Different dress shirt makers have different qualities from other dress shirt makers. The shirt I'm wearing today is made by a company who makes the sleeves on each shirt longer then normal and also makes the shirt longer at the bottom. Normally this wouldn't be a problem...The suit I'm wearing is strangely tailored in several different aspects. One of the oddities is that the sleeves are shorter than any other dress jacket I wear. This combined with the shirt I'm wearing makes it look like I'm wearing a jacket that is drastically too small, and the shirt I'm wearing has sleeves that are far too long. I actually knew in advance that both articles of clothing had these oddities, and was a cognisant enough to fix this in advance or plan ahead? No, I was too preoccupied with being lazy to put 2 and 2 together, so now I look silly to those who are paying attention.

Great story right?

No comments: