Thursday, August 21, 2008

Ascend my back and I shall carry thee

I was biking home from work the other day and I saw something that absolutely blew my mind. I saw a tow truck setting up to tow another tow truck. I nearly fell off my bike. I guess for some reason it never occurred to me that when a tow truck would break down another truck would need to tow it. It's like a broken down tug boat needed another tug boat to tow it, or a locomotive pulling a broken locomotive. All these things happen, but for some reason my simple mind had never wrapped around this necessity. To take it a step further, what if one wheelchair bound person had to pull another wheelchair bound person, would you stop to help them?

It's kinda like who will help the helpers but in this case it would be much more humorous if the tow truck had to call another tow company to tow them and they other company charged them a ton of money. Do people who insure tow trucks have roadside towing available in their coverage plan? What if one tow truck broke down while towing a car, then you might have a tow truck towing a tow truck towing a car...which leaves another question, would the person who's car it is have to pay twice for being towed? Could the tow truck that broke down rightfully charge them for towing their car? I think what I'm trying to get at here is the fact that tow trucks are people too, and they are fallible just like all of us.

No comments: