Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Call me now and I'll tell you the futcha

This morning I woke up and while I was getting ready I had this obnoxious 'Alice in Chains' song in my head. I was thinking of it while shaving, thinking of it when I tied my tie, thinking of it when I ate my yogurt for breakfast (as a side note, yogurt might be my favorite kind of breakfast...fast). I was humming the stupid song when I limped out to my car and turned the key. And sure enough, what song came on the radio? Same one I'd been thinking about all morning, exactly in tune with my humming. Odd. I mean this is 5:45 in the morning so it's not like I heard somebody with the radio on previous to that.

I guess I would be less freaked out if the song in question was new and was consistently seeing radio play. But this song is over 10 years old, and you hear it on the radio every once in awhile but not terribly frequently. I'm not even sure why it was in my head, I don't think I've heard it for awhile. All I can think of is that I have some kind of clairvoyance or premonition ability that can only work in the most useless of situations. I mean how useful could knowing what song is going to be on the radio be? I guess I could win a couple dollars on bets or whatever but it just doesn't seem like the most efficient way of making money with a unique skill. I mean it's only slightly more useless then being a professional kitten fighter. Although to be fair I bet I could be the greatest kitten prize fighter of all time. And after I defeat each kitten I will have someone bring a radio into the ring, and I will predict what will be on the radio! We're talking dozens and dozens of dollars here that I could be raking in.

No comments: