Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A brief couple of days in Cali

This week Brian Greer came to town. Wed we went out and had a few beers at a bar that was packed and I met some girl from Lehigh who was out here visitingm sometimes the world is such a small place. I had to retire early because of work the next day.

Thursday I worked out and got myself ready for Friday, Brian went out and partied. Friday I went to work in the morning and in the afternoon we went to a mexican restaurant by the famous hotel Del Coronado then walked on the beach and walked around the hotel. Then we went to Mt. Soledad where you could see everything for 40 miles. Then we went cruising through La Jolla (which is gorgeous). At night we went to a club downtown where the beats were so fresh even the most stonefooted had to dance. Brian was making out with one while I talked to her friend waiting for everyone to leave so I could drive people home. Then Brian's other friend got beat up by the dj and I spent all night talking to police and club owners and such because I was sober. He had gone up to buy a mixtape from the DJ and the guy beat his ass for some unknown reason. Apparently something he said necessitated the DJ hitting him with the metal bar on the front of the DJ booth and then running around and hitting him a couple of times. It's a shame really because it had been a pretty fun night till then and that kinda put a bad feeling on the night especially given how badly he got beat up and how many stitches he needed. Let it be a lesson to all of you about trying to buy stuff from a DJ.

Saturday I woke up and went to the gym, then we went and got lunch (burritos) while watching the olympics. Then Brian and I rode bikes up to the boardwalk and stopped at a bar full of women in bikini's and had a couple beers there. It was fantastic, and Brian was amazed that everyone was just kinda partying at this beach bar at 3 in the afternoon. Then we rode our bikes up and down the boardwalk and eventually home, riding down the boardwalk is a fun but hazerdous job. We went to the bar near my house for happy hour and I did laundry (yes I do laundry while at the bar, and yes it is amazing as it sounds). Then we rode with my roomate to my friend's house and watched the UFC fights. Afterwards we all walked to a bar right on the beach called "Fire House" and were out on the roof. This place was extremely nice and had another good dj but for as nice as it was it was extremely cheap. We then went to Moondoggie's where brian proceeded to try and hit on everything, with no success. Then he talked me into going to denny's after the bar closed and we were sitting outside on the patio and invited the two girls sitting next to us to come over and sit with us, they did and we had a bunch of fun.

Sunday more of the same.

Monday I went to work and got home, we went to the beach had dinner at a mexican place near the beach that is also really nice but not expensive and we sat there looking at women. Then we went home got showered and went to a bar that on a monday night was so full of attractive people I just don't know if you out of towners can handle it. Needless to say I was a little tired at work today.

The moral of the story here is that this happens every weekend out here, all the time. Brian marvelled at how many attractive people there were but frankly my dear friend,s I've become jaded at seeing all these beautiful people all the time. Now if only I was one of them.

I have met some cool people out here, and I hope to meet more because I really don't know many at all. I insist that you all come visit me for a time of no less than 5 whole days.

On a personal note, work is definitely challenging and fun but I do far to much of it because of the nature of my position (not because I like going in all the time). I really need to meet more people but that is happening slowly but surely. I really really enjoy riding my bike 6 miles to work most days and I even bought a used road bike to make the trip faster. There are so many cool things about this place, I really do hope you will come visit.

No comments: