Tuesday, January 20, 2009

All my hard work, gone in an hour!

Yesterday evening I had dinner with my father and some of his co-workers at a Brazilian Barbeque place (I alluded to it in the post about the piano). The food was great, the salad bar had everything you could possibly want in a salad bar, the wine, atmosphere (minus hilarious piano music selection), and servers were all top notch. I ended up having a big salad, whcih I was warned before hand not to do, and while I was working my way through that the servers started bringing around the various dripping meats. It was a who's who of delicious meat, and I tried to moderate which ones I tried, and the amount of bacon that was wrapped around like half of the different things was significant. I also don't like bacon (I know it's weird) but if it's wrapped around a piece of sirloin then I'll buck up and eat it. My favorite was the skirt steak, which was like 90% fat but tasted amazing, the baby back ribs were also amazing as was basically everything that came by our table. The point of all this is to say that not only was the meal good, it was also filling even though it contained relatively few calories.

But regardless of the amount of calories, it becomes clear pretty quickly that with such a big meal, all the hard work and exercise I'd put in during the weekend was destroyed in a blaze of glaze and barbeque goodness. I went for a bike ride on saturday, went to the gym later in the day, worked out friday night, went boxing and wrestling sunday morning and then went for a run to blow off steam when the eagles lost (godamn Eagles). I ate relatively well especially on sunday and monday and then didn't booze much. But Brazilian Barbeque wrecked all that, I might as well have been smoking cigarettes while sitting on a chair made of jelly doughnuts all weekend! Damn you and your delicious selection of 18 meats brought to the table by handsome servers! Damn you and your all too tempting salad bar with everything I could ever want! Damn you and your funny and engaging waiter named Benny! I'll get you Benny, if it's the last thing I do...which if I've just had another huge meal at your restaurant it will be.

2 comments:

Lis said...

Mmm jelly donut seat...

eclectic mess said...

A throne from which you can rule the world!