Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Life here is hard

Today (14 January) at lunch the temperature was around 73 degrees, sunny, not a cloud in the sky. How do people live in this place for years dealing with weather like this? I forgot my sunglasses at home and had to walk to get lunch into the sun. I was forced to squint and sometimes cover my eyes with my hands to provide shade. Unbearable. The hardships and the climate of this place is just so bizzare I don't know how people can stand it. I don't want anyone to cry for me or try to help me, but I'm not wearing short sleeves today, so I might feel slightly overdressed when I walk around the base today. It's ok, I'll adapt and overcome, try to adjust to these extreme weather conditions.

Someone seriously told me today, "This is like D.C., except there you need sunglasses because the snow is so bright." Lord knows how he's been able to survive out here in this challenging climate, it's what separates the men from the boys.

1 comment:

Lis said...

I hate you. The high tomorrow here is 30, the low... 11.