Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I can't feel my fingers

It's stupid to complain about cold here, because it's not, it gets chilly in the morning but that's about it. Sometimes it gets really chilly, and you don't really check the weather report out here because you can pretty much guess what's coming. Somewhere between about 65-72 with sunshine and maybe a cloud and if you guess that every day you'll be right about 90% of the time. But if it's been a particularly cold night, and you happen to be biking to work in the morning going about 15-18 mph into the wind with the belief that it was supposed to be warmer today (based on what a co-worker said) you could get a little bit cold. So this morning when I left my house wearing all my biking gear and a sweatshirt, my ears and hands basically "froze" and now 2 hours later I'm still cold.

I'd idle up to a heater and warm up like you could back in DC but they don't have such things in my office. It's silly of me to complain about being cold given that it's snowing heavily in other parts of the country so I'll stop.

No comments: