Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy Three Kings day!

Or as I like to call it, Mortality Reminder Day. When people ask me what I'm doing for my birthday it's as if they want me to tell them I'm doing something crazy stupid. Because they always seem disappointed with the answer I usually give, which is, "Bike to work, work, go to the gym at lunch, and then go home and cook myself dinner." I think for whatever reason people want me to give a much more extreme answer, something more age appropriate I guess like, "I'm going to get hella drunk and then break into the zoo and headbutt all the marsupials after I get done making out with strippers." Maybe that's what I'll say next time someone asks me.

I do dislike my birthday, it's an annual reminder of all I've failed at and what I've gotten worse at over the last year. Sure I could dwell on what I've accomplished or the things that I've done well. But I'd rather think about how much older and worse looking I am, and how I'm likely to die alone in a failed auto erotic asphyxiation attempt. (I'm kidding about all this...or am I?) Maybe I'll hold off on doing that until I'm 30 or something.

No comments: