Monday, January 26, 2009

What I actually accomplished this last weekend

Given the list I had going into the weekend, let's see what I actually did:
- Go to grocery store----Status: Completed
I will admit that the only reason this task was completed was that I was hungry on sunday mid morning and went by Vons after finishing another errand. I decided since I was there that I should grocery shop for the rest of the week since I was feeling kinda lazy.
- Do laundry----Status: Completed
Again I was bored on saturday evening and went to the bar to play pool and drink while doing laundry. For some reason I generated much less laundry this week than normal.
- Fold Laundry ----Status: Failure
Not only did I not fold my laundry after I was done, it got to sit on a bar stool for an hour or so while I was playing pool (badly) and listening to music in the bar.
- Go buy new dress shoes for work----Status: Completed
This coincided with my hunger and since I had no food at home I was forced to go out to get food, it was at this time that I decided that I could stop by the shoe store and pick out what I wanted before I ate. Luckily my willpower held out and I was able to purchase the dress shoes with all different kinds of textures that make it feel like I have rocks in my shoes at all time.
- Go to the bike store and get a new tire for my road bike---Status:Completed
This errand was completed on saturday after I felt guilty for being a lazy piece of crap and sitting around the house with a hangover all day. Luckily I was drunk when I woke up so I worked out and then the hangover kicked in and I suffered on the couch. But at about 2 I felt like I'd wasted the day so I walked and got a new tire in the sunshine.
- Go to the DMV to register my car----Status: Total failure
The biggest and most important item on my list went uncompleted due to general sloth and laziness.

So all in all it looks like a semi-productive weekend looking at what I wanted to do and what I actually did. 4/6 which might not seem bad, until you notice that the most important things I needed to do were also the ones I didn't do. I award myself no points, and may god have mercy on my soul.

No comments: