Friday, January 30, 2009

25 Things

There's some nonsense chain letter on Facebook going around right now that has people writing 25 things about themselves and then tagging 25 other people so they can do it. Well I would have done this on facebook but I don't need everyone thinking I'm weirder than they already do so I'll just write it here so nobody will read it.

1. I have too many interests spread across the spectrum, I like sports and art and cooking and way too many things. I'm just too eclectic sometimes.

2. Folding laundry is the bain of my existance, I can never do it consistantly and thus it sometimes lays in a pile in my room.

3. I have 14 pairs of shoes, which I think is alot for a guy. I have about 2 pairs I should throw out. 4 pairs for working out including 2 for wrestling/boxing and one for biking. One pair of flip flops, boots, and boat shoes. Two pairs of dress shoes, one at work and one at home.

4. I go to cooking class about once a month or more and I learn to cook these marvelous meals but then I rarely get to cook them since I only ever have myself to cook for.

5. I'm part of the space defense force, we defend the planet from aliens and asteroids, not many people know that about me.

6. I like tons of kinds of music, I don't really have a favorite kind and i'll listen to anything.

7. I've lived about 22 different places in my life. Sometimes I try to count them all in order and I get confused. People always ask me where my favorite place to live was and I don't really have an answer. Each place has it's own unique story or fun things about it, each place has it's problem.

8. I have no connection to San Diego other then my job out here. When I moved out here I didn't know any friends or have any family out here.

9. My friends tell me all the time that I'm too nice, as though it were a bad thing. I don't know if that's true they just tell me that.

10. I'll eat anything, like anything. I didn't always feel that way but now I'll eat any kind of food from any ethnicity on the planet. I also don't have a favorite anymore but it used ot be mexican.

11. My signature is jacked up, it's never the same and if you try to trace it it's not even remotely close to spelling my name. I can literally write my name 25 times on a sheet of paper and it's different every time.

12. I have awful handwriting, but I send people letters and cards handwritten because I think it's more personal and meaningful. Writing hurts my hand if I do it for more then a minute since I broke my thumb and never got it set after the 10th grade.

13. I get less than 2-3 hours of sleep a night, and I never crash for like 12 hours straight. This has been going on for almost 2 years and I haven't found anything that makes it better.

14. I don't drink caffiene almost at all. On the rare occasions where I do have it, it's not a pretty sight and I'm like a super energetic kid. It also makes me feel sick.

15. My favorite sports teams are the Philadelphia Eagles, the Philadelphia Phillies, and the Toronto Maple Leafs. My second favorite teams are the Red Sox, the Philadelphia Flyers, and the Washington Capitals. I don't like any professional basketball teams, I like or dislike individual players.

16. I have a great sweater collection but never use it since I live somewhere so warm. I do have a really nice sweater collection though.

17. I have no problem biking through traffic on my road bike but riding motorcycles or being around them scares me.

18. I dislike scary movies and in fact close my eyes whenever somehting scary is about to happen. I won't even watch them at home when my roomate watches them.

19. I surf the internet too much at work, I need to cut down.

20. I'm terrible at keeping in touch with old friends, I wish I was better because I think about people alot and wish I talked to them, I just rarely do.

21. I want to learn to surf better but I'm afraid of going out there in front of all the cool california surfers.

22. I almost never get angry at people in real life. Most of the time if you see what you think is anger is actually faked. Someone could punch me in the nose or hurt my arm and I wouldn't get mad at them.

23. I overexaggerate more then anyone in the entire world.

24. I like to read science fiction, the problem is that I'll find an author or genre I like and completly read every book in like a week and then have nothing to read. I read very quickly.

25. I think there's only one person in the entire world who knows my true political feelings and how I really think about politics. She always forgets as well. Even my parents and best friends don't know how I feel or vote and I like to keep it that way. If forced to talk about politics I'll become a contrarian and refute everything that's said, even if there are two people in the conversation from different political spectrums.

26. Is completely unprepared for an zombie apocalypse.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Someone reads your blog. : )

Gina Grosso said...

When you come out to Hoboken, we can cook a dinner together. Besides writing, cooking is my favorite hobby. Forrest would definitely enjoy a meal prepared by you. I'm so happy you are coming out for St.Patty's day. I can't wait to see you!!!!

Gina Grosso said...

P.S. I have a blog with my students at school; that is why I come up Ms. Grosso.