Tuesday, October 30, 2007

brrr cold

So I rode my bike to work this morning in near freezing temperatures and I was dressed kinda silly...Gold Shorts, blue running tights, bright orange hoody, black athletic gloves, it looked hilarious and I will post a picture later to show you how ridiculous I looked when I came into work. All of the aforementioned items of clothing did their jobs quite well except for the gloves. The gloves were not up to the task of keeping my hands warm at all, and when I finally got to work my hands were more akin to a popsicle then a human appendage.

I sat at my desk for nearly a half hour trying to warm my body before I decided to change into work clothes. When I did decide to change I was unpleasantly surprised by the fact that I was taking off warm athletic wear, and putting on ice cold dress shirt and pants which had been in my back pack. It was like stepping out of a warm shower into a moderately warm men's room and then being hit with a bucket of cold water and being forced to wear that water until your body heat made those clothes warm. Delightful.

Also this may count for my most forgetful day in the history of my life, the following things were left at home:
1) Bike lock chain
2) Belt for work clothes
3) Bills I need to pay
4) dignity (mine)
5) house keys
6) lunch (also mine)
7) lunch (my roomates)
8) racquetball goggles
9) change of clothes for yoga later

All those things are sitting neatly in a pile next to my bed in the hopes that I would have remembered to pack them in my bag. Was I able to figure out the clues that last night Marty had left for morning Marty to remember to take these things? No. Apparently morning Marty (normally the smarter Marty) had a very dumb couple of minutes before I got on a bike to ride to work in near freezing temperatures dressed like a colorblind clown. Actually, the more I think about it, the more morning Marty seems to have lost smartness.

No comments: