Friday, January 18, 2008

Out of muffin :(

Some days I forget to bring my breakfast, and some days I'm just too lazy. When those days happen I usually go downstairs to the deli in our building and get a blueberry muffin and chocolate milk. The muffins are some of the best I've ever had and the milk is from the Lehigh Valley so you know it is good. After purchasing my breakfast I wander back upstairs in a blissful trace, secure in the knowledge that I'm about to have a very good muffin supplemented by chocolate milk.

This morning I went downstairs and got a muffin and came back up and was eating it. However, I got distracted and had to get up and go talk to people for a few minutes. When I was finished talking I went to go back to my desk, excited at the prospect of finishing my muffin. However when I arrived my spirit sank. I had already finished my muffin before leaving my desk and there was no muffin for me to eat with a smile on my face. I'd forgotten that I finished my muffin and my happy expectations of finishing my delightful breakfast turned to sour disappointment. I don't think I've ever been so sad about something so minor :( I know that the muffin is a part of me now, but I really wanted to finish my muffin...again apparently. Sigh.

No comments: