Monday, January 28, 2008

Shirt trouble

I used to always have an extra dress shirt at work that I would keep in case of emergency. Emergencies included; spilling stuff on my shirt, ripping my shirt because of it couldn't contain my massive power, or using it if I was forced to come straight to work after a long night out (it has been well over a year since this situation occurred). For some reason I stopped keeping an emergishirt at work, I forget why, perhaps because it encouraged bad behavior and slovenly eating. Whatever the case it may be time to bring this practice back since I've had several incidents that a extra shirt would have been useful for lately. Incidents such as:

1. Precariously balancing a dumpling between my chopsticks above a pool of soy sauce while trying to be super spy sneaky by gleaning information from a co-worker. The dumpling freed itself from my grasp and fell into the waiting pool of soy sauce splashing said soy sauce all over my new shirt pink (yes I now own a pink shirt after fighting against them for years...ugh). It was the last thing I was going to eat for lunch, and I wore my shame for the rest of the day.

2. Twice in two months I was in a staff meeting, stretching my arms, and I blew out the elbow on my shirt. Shredded it Hulk Hogan style. Shirts became unfixable.

3. Today I was sneezing pretty regularly and then all of a sudden I had the sneeze to end all sneezes. Blood came flying out of my nose and all over my mouth and some on my shirt. Needless to say I had to run to the restroom and clean myself off, but even after the application of warm water there is still some small remnant of blood on my shirt. This is the second time I wore this shirt. I'm sure the blood will come out when I clean the shirts but it is still annoying to have blood stains on my shirt that I'm conscientious about.

Next on the menu, keeping granola bars at my desk.

No comments: