Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Bad Omens

It's strange when you have a collective moment of bad fortune with a group of people. Whether all of you break a mirror at the same time, or 5 black cats walk across the path of you and your friends all at the same time, it brings a sense of dread. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen. Today at lunch for example all three people got bad fortunes in our fortune cookie. My normal policy with fortune cookies is to keep the good fortunes to myself and not tell anyone in the hopes that it will come true. Bad fortunes I read out and leave on the table for the wait staff to clear. Strange I know but being a beuraucrat I need to have policy to deal with everything, even the occult or arcane. I think fortune cookies fall into the occult category, and wouldn't that be the coolest class ever? Occult Culinary arts? You could make a Mayan calendar cake or a Ouija board cupcakes, and then you could use frosting made from butter from a cow that was the 7th daughter of a 7th daughter of a 7th daughter!

Back to the fortune cookies however. I don't like collective signs of bad luck. I hope that nothing comes of it, but we'll just wait and see. Maybe the bad fortune will show itself when I burn my Tarot cookies! I can't wait for this Occult cooking class! What is my contingency plan for that?Also I want cake, you see the types of things I think about when I want cake. There is no cake, the cake was a lie.

No comments: