Monday, February 25, 2008

How to lose yourself in 60 seconds

This morning I woke up of my own voliation at about 6:50. I looked at my alarm clock and it read 12:19 PM 8/31/2008. My first thought was, my god! I've inadvertantly invented time travel. My second thought was, I'm late for work because my alarm didn't go off! I looked at the clock and the alarm was set for 6:30 PM. I don't think the clock needed new batteries, but I do think that I work up and attempted to reset the alarm at some point, hence all the weird numbers. I just don't remember it. But wouldn't it be odd if I set my alarm clock to go off at 6:30 PM on 8/31/2008 at 12:19. Either that or something dire is going to happen on that date and time. Who knows, maybe I'll have a really good lunch.

After hating myself for the appropriate ammount of time I got dressed and sat down to put on my socks. I am wearing dress pants, a dress shirt and tie at this point, and I put on a pair of white socks. For a solid minute I sat there looking at my socks trying to figure out what the hell was wrong with that picture. Finally I remembered to switch to black socks. Great way to start a monday morning.

No comments: