Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Political Pleasantries

In honor of super tuesday I have decided to write something about politics, this is a tale of my most recent humorous encounter with political values. Saturday I was in a chat channel with three friends. One we will call Olive, who is a devout democrat and has worked as an intern for one of the longstanding traditional senate democrats, also dislikes most of the republican candidates outwardly. One we will call Vandalay, a perennial ball buster and jokester supreme, he lives in NY and I think he leans to the left. One who we will call Inter, a staunch Republican. Lastly myself, political preference ????

I will try to recreate the chatlog that had myself and Inter rolling in laughter.

Vandalay: So marty you will be voting for Ron Paul?
Me: Not sure yet! Who knows who I will vote for. I'm guessing you will be voting Clinton in 2008?
Vandalay: Fuck you.
Vandalay: I get to vote in the primary before all of you, that means I'm more important.
Inter: Grats
Me: Good for you
Olive: That's nice, who you gonna vote for?
Vandalay: I don't know, I was thinking...
Vandalay: Mike Huckabee
Olive: Bye
**olive signs off**
Me: Holy shit, that's awesome.
Inter: Wow, just wow.
Vandalay: Nice touch don't you think?

Out of context it doesn't seem as funny, but watching my friend sign off in anger immediately following Vandalay's joke made me laugh for about 10 minutes. Until I heard my roomate put a hole in the wall upstairs.

No comments: