Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Paying attention

We had a staff meeting yesterday, I thought the subjects we talked about were so important that I did a ink drawing of a sailboat. I thought it looked pretty good. I scanned it and it didn't look as good but here's a copy of my sailboat:

It looks better unscanned, trust me. Also I shouldn't have drawn the clouds, they look terrible and I feel great shame. I didn't originally intend to draw a sailboat. I just started drawing a shape and it turned into the hull of a ship. Then it slowly turned into a poorly drawn horribly malformed sailboat. Oh God what have I done! I was not meant to create visual art! Last week I drew a plant during a training session, it has since jumped off my desk and into the shredder to spare anyone who might accidently look at it! What was I thinking for those sails by the way, and the top of the mast? People are going to see this and wonder if I've ever even seen a sailboat before. "Oh look honey, that stupid man is trying to draw something that was described to him in a book once. Let us mock him and tell him that he smells funny."

I guess I should probably be more attentive in meetings...Probably doesn't reflect well on me that I'm "making art" while discussing financial management.

No comments: