Thursday, September 25, 2008

Feels so good

In the last couple days my hurt knee has started doing some funny things. Not like haha funny but more like oh my gosh did Uncle Bill really just take his pants off and start humping the Thanksgiving turkey funny. Last week it felt like it needed to pop all week, and I couldn't get it to, it felt really annoying. I'm sure most people know what it's like when they want a joint to pop, sometimes it just feels fantastic. Well on Monday my knee finally popped, while I was walking. It felt f'ing amazing. Since then it's randomly been popping when I walk and it feels great every time. It's like sex but I'm having it. Ok maybe not that fantastic, but it does feel great. One of the things that makes it so uniquely special is that I have no way to trigger the popping, it just happens, so it's not like I can do it whenever I want. This is not going to turn into a diatribe about masturbation by the way.


I also rode my bike to work twice this week for the first time since the injury. And so far so good. I think what has really helped was the addition of a pair of biking cleats so I can clip in. This makes my peddling all more controlled so I'm not sliding my knee around. I was really worried that clipping in would be really hard and I've heard lots of horror stories about people falling when they first use them and stuff. It's really easy though, I just kinda put my feet where they sorta ought to be and then it clips in. I haven't had any problems yet which is surprising because if there's a way I can hurt myself with a new gadget I'll do it. It is going to take a little more getting used to but so far so good. Those are famous last words and I'm sure that when I get hit by a bus on the way home tonight because I couldn't work my pedals, you'll know why.

I still need to see a doctor, but I'm more optimistic about my knee now then I was a month ago. It could still be torn and I'm not sure I would have surgery, I might just deal with it forever. Besides I'm planning on being dead by 35 anyway so it's not that much longer I have to suffer. Mmm the sweet embrace of death...you are all I have to look forward to.

No comments: