Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Priorities

My co-worker yesterday was complaining that she always needs one dollar bills to give to her kids for lunch at school. She had to trade a twenty to someone who had a bunch of ones. I mentioned that I too was in constant need of one dollar bills, to play songs on the jukebox at the bar...I mean I'm standing there and I want to hear another three songs and I'm shit out of luck because I don't have any one dollar bills. A third co-worker chimed in today that she only ever needed one dollar bills to tip the people who bag groceries at he commissary. It's all about where you are in life I guess, and I'm a bad example.

I never need cash except to buy lunch at work and even then I don't really need it. I use my credit card for everything and pay the balance on that once or twice a month. I have no real priorities or obligations except to go to work and nobody depends on me. Which is kinda depressing in a way. My co-worker on the other hand is responsible for filtering money down to her children who are in school. It's important that she does these things and she has 100 more things than I do on her plate that are actual obligations. The third co-worker has other obligations, her home, her husband and a whole slew of things that don't cross my radar.

I guess what I'm getting at is I still living a relative care free lifestyle. I'm basically a grown up child because outside of my bills, my rent, and my job, there's nothing that I have to worry about. But I do need one dollar bills, let's not forget that. If I don't have one dollar bills I have to listen to crappy music at the bar and I won't stand for that. Not at all. A man's got to have principles, and all though I have nothing to have principles about that doesn't mean I don't have them. For example, toilet paper should be hung on the roll in the correct overhand fashion, no exceptions. It makes me sick to see toilet paper incorrectly mounted, and by God I'm not going to stand for it. But seriously though, I need a dollar...for the jukebox.

No comments: